Monthly Archives: January 2019
Competition prep for physique athletes is hard. Why do injury rates seem to be higher during this time? What are the optimal training and nutritional strategies when preparing for a show? Are all types of cardio created equal? Is cardio necessary at all for a show-prep cut? We welcome internationally recognized coach, competitor, and researcher Eric Helms, PhD onto the show to discuss these topics and more.
Learn about Eric:
Learn about the ClinicalAthlete Community:
In this episode, we welcome Student Physical Therapist Nate Wong onto the show to talk about the student experience and answer questions from the ClinicalAthlete Community!
– 7:13: Handling resistance from professors and peers
– 19:46: How can professionals better support students
– 29:08: Balancing curriculum information with other knowledge
– 45:55: How does strength & conditioning knowledge help you in school
– 49:50: Tips for the graduate school interview process
Follow Nate on Instagram @thatonedood7
To learn more about the ClinicalAthlete Community:
What are the important things to look for when interpreting research? What can we take from research conclusions? What are strategies to setting realistic goals for diet and training? We discuss these things and much more with Dr. Melissa Davis of Renaissance Periodization.
Learn more about Mel here:
Learn more about the ClinicalAthlete Community: